Words can be a powerful tool for communication and expression, and knowing a diverse vocabulary can help you better express yourself. In this blog post, we will explore five five-letter words that end with “ough.”
- Cough: This verb refers to the act of expelling air from the lungs with a sudden explosive sound. It is often used when one is sick and experiencing breathing difficulties.
- Bough: This noun refers to a large branch of a tree. It is often used in the context of nature and gardening.
- Dough: This noun refers to a mixture of flour, liquid, and other ingredients used as a base for making baked goods such as bread and pastries.
- Plough: This noun refers to a farming tool used for breaking up soil in preparation for planting crops. In some parts of the world, it is also spelled “plow.”
- Though: This conjunction is used to introduce a clause that contrasts with what has been said previously. It can also be used as an adverb to indicate that something is true even though something else is also true.
More examples of five-letter words that have these letters
These five words, despite their different meanings, all have one thing in common: they end with the unique and memorable “ough” sound. By expanding your vocabulary to include these and other words, you can increase your ability to communicate effectively and express yourself more precisely.