We wish to inform interested persons that the 2022 – 2023 Utah Jazz scholarship application is ongoing. The Utah jazz scholarship program is designed to empower and enrich community members with financial, educational, and spiritual tools to achieve success.
What is Utah Jazz scholarship program?
The Utah Jazz Scholarship Program, now in its twenty-ninth year, is helping to further education in the state of Utah. The program provides monetary funds, instruments and/or books to deserving high school seniors who show a minimum 2.5 GPA and 600 SAT score or 19 ACT score.
The Utah Jazz Scholarship Fund is a Utah-based non-profit organization dedicated to educating and mentoring at-risk youth through the game of basketball. The entire team is committed to making a difference in kids’ lives. Since 1991, more than 350 scholarships have been awarded to deserving young men and women throughout the state of Utah, building a better future for those who are less fortunate.
It provides monetary grants to undergraduate or graduate students who are enrolled in an accredited four-year university and are pursuing a degree in a field related to sports management. The fund’s goal is to assist in providing resources for those dedicated to achieving their academic goals and facilitating the pursuit of careers with the Utah Jazz.
Utah jazz scholarship requirements
The following criteria determine your eligibility to apply for the Utah Jazz scholarship program.
- Graduate of a Utah high school
- Person of color (Asian or Pacific Islander; Black or African American; Hispanic or Latinx; or Native American or Alaskan Native)
- Preference is given to those with demonstrated financial need (regardless of FAFSA eligibility)
- Preference is given to first-generation college students
- Incoming freshman enrolling as a full-time student for the 2022-23 school year
- Admission to one of the six listed Utah universities: Brigham Young University, Southern Utah University, Weber State University, University of Utah, Utah State University, and/or Utah Valley University
Other requirements include a letter of recommendation, a short video, an unofficial high school transcript, and financial aid information.
The body responsible for the review and selection of Utah Jazz scholarship winners is the 10,000 Degrees, a leading non-profit organization focused on college access and success programs.
Utah Jazz scholarship application process
The Utah Jazz scholarship application steps are well outlined on the official NBA scholarship page. Kindly click here to check your eligibility, and follow the clearly outlined steps to apply.