The University of the People is a tuition-free online university.
As a completely- virtual university, UoPeople combines high-value educational courses with educated volunteer professors. Then, you don’t pay for courses, handbooks, or registration. Education is entirely free, but you do have to pay a minimum fee for course assessments, which totals the US $ 1000 for undergraduate programs and US $ 2000 for graduate programs. This means you can get a full bachelor’s degree for only$1,000. While there are scholarship programs available, the waitlists are long.
Shai Reshef established the University of People in 2009. Yes, it’s a legitimate American university. UoPeople is known as the “ first non-profit, American- accredited, education-free online university.” It’s accredited by the Distance Education Accrediting Commission( DEAC), which is recognized by the US Department of Education. DEAC is also recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation, which makes UoPeople a legitimate American university.
According to their website, “ An accredited American degree is generally recognized worldwide due to the fact that American advanced education is considered to be the golden standard of advanced education.” Indeed, countries with different educational systems are willing to look seriously at US degrees if they’re accredited within the US. ” This means that your UoPeople degree should be valued by educational institutions and companies all over the world. To be sure, you may check the status of a UoPeople degree in your own country.
I heard that the University of the People has no physical location or services in the US. Should I be bothered?
Our processing office is in Pasadena, California, where staff members handle much of the university’s administration. Because we’re an online university, we don’t have a physical structure; rather, our scholars study from six continents in over 200 countries and homes. We also have staff and levies from different backgrounds working in several countries around the world, helping us to be a truly transnational institution.
How precious is a UoPeople’s degree? Can I use it to get a job at a prominent company?
UoPeople offers high-quality, accredited degree programs, and our graduates have used the education they received to progress in their careers through the creation of new employment opportunities. Numerous of our scholars and graduates work at top transnational companies and associations like Google, IBM, Apple, Dell, Microsoft, Amazon, and indeed the United Nations.
Still, why are you charging a fee when it is free?
The University of the People’s charge is to offer affordable, quality, online, degree programs to any good pupil. We do our best to keep fees as low as possible to ensure that our doors are open to all aspirants. But like all universities, we have operating costs we must cover. The average monthly education cost in the US is roughly $1,000. At UoPeople, pupil fees only amount to $1,000 per session for a pupil studying full-time, and these fees are only due at the end of the course for assessment. The minimum assessment fees collected by the university keep us up and running and enable us to give our scholars a high-quality, accredited education.
To help support scholars who can not pay these fees, the university does offer scholarships. During AY2018 alone, UoPeople allocated over 200 scholarships. These literacies are available thanks to the generosity of our numerous and different benefactors who support scholars as well as university operations.
These benefactors include top foundations such as the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, the Ford Foundation, the Oak Foundation, Google, Hewlett Packard, and Microsoft, and multitudinous private individuals. We work to give literacy to scholars in need. In particular, we’ve got several legacies devoted to helping deportees, the Simone Biles Legacy Fund aimed at helping foster scholars, and numerous more.
I’m concerned about UoPeople ‘s delegation.
UoPeople is an American-accredited university, accredited by the Distance Education Accrediting Commission(www.deca.org). The DEAC is officially honored by the US Department of Education and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation( CHEA) with the authority to accredit institutes of advanced literacy. Our delegation attests to our academic excellence and rigorous norms. While we’re accredited in the USA, our degrees are honored around the world and remain inestimable to our goal of standardizing advanced education.
UoPeople’s academic leadership hails from Oxford University, Harvard University, Columbia University, NYU, UC Berkeley, Princeton University, INSEAD, etc. UoPeople has academic hookups with NYU and the University of Edinburgh, under which good scholars can apply to continue their studies at those universities. These ties swear by the high- quality of the programs offered at UoPeople and the regard in which these leading institutions hold our academic norms.
What you need to know about UoPeople University
- As a pupil, you’ll be assigned a particular Program Advisor, whose job is to guide, support, and motivate you throughout your studies. Your program advisor is a trained and experienced professional from whom you can seek advice, share experiences, or ask questions about university processes or procedures. Your program advisor is your biggest cheerleader, encouraging your academic success and lodging for you to exceed in your trials. So please don’t hesitate to communicate with your program advisor at any time.
- We’re an online university, so the only means of communication between you and the different services in the university is via dispatch. From the day you become a pupil, you will receive emails from the various departments at the university, all geared towards keeping you informed and streamlined. Each dispatch is important and should be treated as such. Thus, always endeavor to read them precisely and completely. Updates and instructions that will guide you throughout your studies will be transferred via email. However, if after reading a dispatch, you find its content confusing or have questions that need to be addressed, contact your program advisor.
- The Learning Week starts just after midnight on Thursday at 1205 am UoPeople Time( GMT- 5-time zone) and ends the following Wednesday at 1155 pm UoPeople Time( GMT- 5-time zone). All references to time during your studies should be according to University of the People Time( GMT- 5-time zone). The UoPeople timepiece is located at the top left corner of Moodle( our virtual literacy terrain). Note that streamlining your profile in Moodle and coinciding the time zone with your original time zone doesn’t affect the UoPeople timepiece. Thus, always work based on the time and date displayed on the UoPeople Clock when it comes to meeting deadlines for your class.
- The first term is the most grueling. Still, as you get to understand all the different processes and course conditions, it becomes easier to progress in your studies and get close to scale. Each course is divided into daily literacy units, and each literacy unit is divided into class conditioning that you’re anticipated to complete within each learning week. Each course at the University is eight( 8) learning weeks long, plus a 4- day period in Week Nine ( 9) for undergraduate scholars to prepare and take the final examinations. You’ll be able to choose your courses only on the first day of each term. The length of some MBA courses may vary between eight and nine weeks. This depends on the course syllabus since some MBA courses don’t require scholars to take a final test.
- The UoPeople Academic Timetable is a great tool for keeping track of important deadlines and changes in the university as you study. The academic timetable contains the ages and deadlines for each academic period, and it’s recommended that you download the current academic timetable then. You can also find an electronic interpretation of the timetable, which can be added to your Outlook, iCloud, or Google timetables for automatic monuments.
- The tone- Service Portal is a stoner-friendly mecca with links to the colorful university coffers like the Student Portal, Moodle, Payment Portal, the university’s roster, and the university’s social media platforms( YouTube, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook), etc. You can log in to the tone- Service gate using your dispatch address and password. Note Access to the Self-Service Portal requires that you use your Dispatch address and password, while access to Moodle requires your Student ID and password.
- The Online Student Writing Center( OSWC) and the Peer Assessment Office( PAO) are new tools made available for you in Moodle. You’ll gain useful knowledge throughout your studies at UoPeople if you visit them and communicate with our staff members. Make sure to visit them regularly to get the boost you need to succeed in your studies.
- UoPeople Yammer Network Want to connect with your peers and meet people from all over the world studying like you? Also, log in to Yammer and make sure you’re in the circle and know about everything that’s passing at UoPeople.
- All the information you need to know can be found in the university’s roster for both the graduate and undergraduate programs. It includes the university’s programs, regulations, procedures, fees, classes, programs, course descriptions, and more. You can peruse the roster via the sanctioned UoPeople website.
- You don’t need to worry about registering for your first term. During your first term, you’ll be registered for your course( s) automatically by the Office of Student Services. Graduate MBA Foundations scholars will be registered for one course, while Undergraduate Foundations scholars will be registered for two courses, UNIV 1001 Online Education Strategies and a new course. In posterior terms, though, you’ll be expected to register for courses on your own. You can ask your program counsel for the Course Selection Guide (Business Administration, Computer Science, Health Science, and MBA) if you don’t have it already.
Is a degree from University of the People real?
Yes it is real, Univeersity of the People accreditation is fully approved and they became the first tuition-free online university.
What is University of the People known for?
They’re known by a lot of people on the internet space, you probably might have come across one of their adverts. What makes them unique is quality and affordable education.
Is University of the People recognized globally?
Yes, the University of the People is globally recognized and also has been on the media by trusted and reliable media firms.
University of the People acceptance rate
According to a reliable source, the University of the People acceptance rate is 100%.