The application portal for the Obama Foundation Scholars Program 2022-2023 is now open, with full support to study in the United States.
Columbia Globe Projects runs the program, which is aimed at young and energetic people from all over the world who are eager to take on the challenge of studying at Columbia University while simultaneously contributing to the betterment of their communities.
The program is a full-time, fully-funded leadership development program that brings together rising leaders from the United States and throughout the world who have shown a desire to solve challenges in their communities, countries, and regions.
- The University of Columbia is the scholarship sponsor.
- Scholarships to be used at Columbia University in New York City.
- Type of scholarship: Full-fledged scholarship.
- The scholarship covers the whole cost of the program, as well as return flights and monthly stipends.
- Scholarships are offered in a variety of amounts.
- All Courses is at the study level.
- Students from all around the globe.
The Obama Foundation Scholars Program brings together aspiring leaders from across the world who have shown a commitment to addressing issues in their communities, countries, and regions.
Over the course of an academic year, Obama Foundation Scholars will have the opportunity to expand their knowledge and talents, as well as build new capabilities and networks, enabling them to have a bigger impact in their home countries.
Columbia University’s Obama Foundation Scholars Program is seeking up-and-coming leaders from all across the world who meet the following criteria:
Have a demonstrated commitment to long-term service and leadership in a community, region, or country outside of the United States, as well as a demonstrated commitment to return to these communities after completing the program and use their enhanced training, skills, and connections to benefit these communities.
- Are emerging leaders who have made major contributions to their industries and have achieved a professional “tipping point.”
- Have the ability and willingness to positively affect the future of their community
- Demonstrate humility, honesty, inclusivity, stewardship, boldness, ingenuity, and cooperation in the past.
- Are you a natural English speaker? (spoken, written, and verbal)
- The Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), the International English Language Testing System (IELTS), the Pearson Test of English Academic (PTE Academic), or the Duolingo English Test may be needed of candidates from countries where English is not the official language (DET). Other types of testing will be rejected. See the official website for further information on the language requirements. This condition is waived for some sorts of applicants, such as those who have completed a bachelor’s degree program in an English-speaking country.
Benefits of the Scholarship Program
The Obama Foundation Scholars Program provides the scholars with a monthly stipend to cover living expenses in New York City, as well as a furnished studio apartment and all tuition and fees.
Basic medical, dental, and life insurance are given for the duration of the program, as well as plane travel to and from the home country and leadership development events.
How to Apply: To be considered for the Obama Foundation Scholars Program 2022-2023, applicants must complete the online application form and submit the required papers.
Curriculum Vitae (CV)
Your resume/curriculum vitae should contain a chronological overview of your professional and academic background, as well as any related activities, such as awards, publications, or other achievements.
The author’s video statement
The personal video statement should comprise a short video (no more than five minutes in length) introducing the applicant and their work to the selection committee.
Applicants will upload their video statement to a video hosting site like YouTube or Vimeo and provide a link in their online application.
The conditions for the personal video statement are detailed in the online application.
Questions and answers from a short essay
The selection committee may learn more about the applicant’s work, motivation, and how the program fits into their professional aspirations by asking them short essay questions.
Applicants will submit their essay questions via the online application.
Application Deadline: December 22 at 5 PM ET.