Our intention is to create a comprehensive list of scholarships for students who aspire to study abroad, particularly in Canada. This compilation aims to provide information on the top tuition-free universities in Canada where students can avail themselves of fully-funded Canadian Government scholarships in 2023.
The information provided in this post will be highly beneficial for international students seeking to study in Canada without paying tuition fees or searching for tuition-free universities in Canada.
See Also: Top 5 Best Ways To Make Money Online
Despite being one of the most sought-after study abroad destinations globally, Canada’s government offers scholarships every year to encourage students from all over the world, particularly from developing countries, to apply and access high-quality education for free.
Canada offers fully funded scholarship programs that are sponsored by the government, meaning that you will not be responsible for covering the costs of tuition, accommodation, and healthcare.
However, as always, we have the interest of the students at heart and as such, before we proceed with a list of fully funded scholarship grants provided by the Canadian government and many other reputable organizations in Canada, let’s take a look at the general requirements for Canadian Government scholarship applications, and how to apply for scholarship in Canada.
Requirements for Canadian Government Scholarships Application
- Student visa (for only international students)
- A completed scholarship application form
- International or National Passport or any other original means of identification
- Statement of purpose
- Curriculum vitae or Resume
- Standardized test scores (IELTS/TOEFL)
- A letter of recommendation
- Copies of transcripts or Diplomas
The above is just to mention a few of the general documents required for a Canadian scholarship application. More details can be found on the respective schools’ websites.
How To Apply For The Canadian Government Scholarship
- Gather real information regarding the scholarship programs.
- Get the required documents ready.
- Choose your course and institution
- Take the language proficiency test (IELTS/TOEFL)
- Check the Canadian scholarship deadline.
- Start your scholarship application
List Of Fully Funded Canadian Government Scholarships
- MasterCard Foundation Scholarship – University of British Colombia
- Lester B. Pearson Scholarships
- University of Manitoba Scholarships
- Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships
- York University Scholarships
- Humber College Scholarships
- University of Calgary Scholarships
- Pierre Elliot Trudeau Foundation Doctoral Scholarships
- Algonquin College Undergraduate Scholarships
- Quest University Scholarships For Undergraduate
- University of Winnipeg President’s scholarship
- CPIJ Scholarship For Developing Countries
- University of Toronto Art and Science Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme
1. MASTERCARD FOUNDATION SCHOLARSHIP – UNIVERSITY OF BRITISH COLUMBIA
The MasterCard Foundation works with the University of British Columbia to provide fully-funded scholarships to Canadian citizens and foreigners. The interested student can choose any subject or degree to study at the University of Colombia.
2. LESTER B. PEARSON GRANTS
The Lester B. Pearson Scholarship is the most interesting after the fully funded Canadian Government Scholarships, which has around 40 scholarships for students who want to study at the University of Toronto, and yes, you can take any course you want.
Although the Lester B Scholarship is primarily intended for international students, Canadian students can obtain free loans and scholarships through the Canadian government at the university.
3. UNIVERSITY OF MANITOBA SCHOLARSHIPS
This scholarship is fully funded and only awarded to students who wish to specialize in a Masters or PhD. Program at the University of Manitoba and you can choose any field.
Scholarships are valued at $ 14,000 per year for 12 or 24 months up to a total of $ 28,000 and are awarded only to approved Masters or Ph.D. students. Students.
4. VANIER CANADA GRADUATE GRANTS
Also known as Vanier CGS, this is a fully-funded Canadian government scholarship awarded to both Canadian citizens and international students, but only for Masters and PhDs. Programs.
For doctoral studies, the scholarship is valued at $ 50,000 per year for a maximum of 3 years of study.
This scholarship is in honor of Canada’s first French-speaking Governor-General and is open to applications from Canadian and international students.
5. YORK UNIVERSITY SCHOLARSHIP
The Global Leaders of Tomorrow Scholarships in Collaboration with York University is a fully-funded scholarship program for international students pursuing a bachelor’s degree from York University and allowing students to choose their field of study.
There are a number of scholarships available for Canadian and international students looking to study at York University. These scholarship options are so extensive that almost all students applying to college have a category to apply for.
6. HUMBER COLLEGE GRANTS
This scholarship is fully funded to enable international students to study in a Bachelor’s degree in Canada in the field of their choice.
7. UNIVERSITY OF CALGARY GRANTS
International students can take advantage of this University of Calgary scholarship offer, it is fully funded and students can choose from a wide range of courses offered by the university.
8. PIERRE ELLIOT TRUDEAU FOUNDATION DOCTORATE GRANTS
This scholarship is fully funded and even linked to a scholarship, but it is only awarded to 15 Ph.D. students. Canadian and international students.
9. ALGONQUIN COLLEGE UNDERGRADUATE GRANTS
This is a fully-funded Canadian scholarship program open to students of all nationalities to study for their preferred degree at Algonquin College and earn a bachelor’s degree.
10. QUEST UNIVERSITY SCHOLARSHIPS FOR UNDERGRADUATE
This scholarship is specifically awarded to students who are known for their positive contribution to their local community or school. As a reward for their achievements, they receive this scholarship for a bachelor’s degree in any course of their choice.
11. UNIVERSITY OF WINNIPEG PRESIDENT’S SCHOLARSHIP
This scholarship is fully funded and open to students of all nationalities to apply. It is open to all degrees. Graduate, Undergraduate, College, Professional, Applied and Postgraduate Studies.
12. CPIJ GRANT FOR DEVELOPING COUNTRIES
The Canadian Partner for International Justice (CPIJ) awards three fully funded scholarships for students mainly from developing countries to attend the Summer School on International Justice and Victims’ Rights at the University of Montreal.
Obviously, Canada is known for the best academic activities one can acquire in the world. About 80% of Canadians are highly educated and know the importance of education. That’s why a majority of international students who have heard about Canada would always want Canada to be their preferred choice of country to study abroad.